
I took photos of the ocean today-- the water was stirred up by the wind, and above my head was a patchwork of clouds. I carefully lined up a weatherbeaten old building in the viewfinder, snapping shot after shot of it outlined against the blue denim sky. every shot just felt right, somehow, & I was excited to see the results.
yes, well. you might notice the photographs above are most definitely not of the ocean or the clouds or the wonderfully-aged building I was so enchanted by. not because they didn't turn out like I'd hoped, or because they were blurry or overexposed-- but because they somehow have VANISHED INTO THIN AIR, sdjkfa;ahfasjf. I have no idea what happened -- I came home, slipped the memory card out of the camera & into my card reader (just like I have done a thousand or so times before) only to see a mere 10 image files appear instead of the 30+ I was expecting. (including some I'd taken the other day, also of the ocean, oddly enough.) the images on there were ones I'd taken after the ocean shots, which makes it even more perplexing-- why did they show up & not the earlier ones? I'm utterly baffled. all I can think of is that I had the camera on the wrong setting, or inadvertently pushed a wrong button, or...I don't even know. as far as I can recall, nothing changed in the small space of time between taking the pictures of the ocean to when I snapped the ten or so other shots that were the only ones on the card.
so weird, and more than just a little frustrating. taking pictures of the ocean is something I do so often, it's almost second nature, & it's not like I've suddenly forgotten how, I swear. perhaps there is some great cosmic limit to the number of photographs of the sea one person is allowed to take, and I've hit my allocated total?
it's far more likely to be that I'm going slowly insane, of course. you heard it here first. ANYWAY. in lieu of the ocean, here-- have a sheep. :)
Umm.. think you left them on the other side of the stargate. *giggles* That is seriously WEIRD!
ReplyDeleteI think the sheep ate them, he looks like he has swallowed an ocean.
ReplyDeletePerhaps your camera has created a new folder? If you have taken more than 1,000 photos then it's possible that the missing photos are in another folder.