Wednesday, 3 March 2010

done/not done.

pupster.

now Lauren is back to school, Miss Ruby is my constant companion. if she's not pointedly dropping her toys at my feet (or in some instances, on my head), then she's leaping into my lap so she can bestow a myriad of kisses on my ears & carefully inspect all the items on my computer desk. it's very hard to type with a wriggly puppy on your knee, for the record. (like now, as;jkslkfhkdsahf. still, I shall struggle on.)

gfv <-- from Ruby and her paw of doom. :)

here are two recent art projects I've been working on: both are collages made using various images, including pieces cut from vintage magazines, scrapbooking papers, technical manuals, and French textbooks.

speaking words of wisdom. caught.

my one constant struggle when it comes to collages is knowing when they're "done." both of these feel slightly unfinished to me, & I've had them sitting on my desk waiting for a flash of inspired brilliance so I can complete them-- without tipping them into "overdone" territory. it's such a fine line sometimes, & one I am forever challenging-- which is the whole point, I suppose. how do you tell, anyway? is there a magic formula? I suspect there's no right or wrong-- it's something different for everyone.

anyway. done or not done, here they are. :)

1 comment:

  1. Halo, if I have not said it lately, I *heart* you! That madonna is FAB!!! And there is a "done". I wil try and relate it to you in an email when I have more than just a few minutes at the computer and NO migraine pecking at my brain.

    Miss Ruby HAS to be Indy's cyber gf. He's "Indiana Jones and the Tail of Doom." That's how we refer to him when he's in the studio-one swish and everything on the lower shelves goes flying. But I love him!

    Today has been stressful, but a post from you makes it better. xox

    ReplyDelete