Saturday, 16 January 2010

thriftiness!

thrifted goodies.

there is nothing I love more than checking out the thrift stores here in town, looking for cool & quirky things that catch my eye. I stopped in at the local Salvation Army branch & the Crow's Nest recycle centre yesterday & found them both overflowing with all kinds of unwanted treasures. I guess a lot of people have used the holiday break to reorganise & declutter, which is probably exactly what I should have been doing instead of purchasing even more things (AHEM) but how could I possibly resist the fabulous goodies pictured here? that's right-- I couldn't, and so they are now home with me, being bestowed with plenty of love.

pottery jug. orange vase. pottery vase. vintage butter dish.

- a pottery jug, a groovy orange glass vase, a patterned pottery vase/jug hybrid, & a tiny vintage butter dish. I adore the design on it.

I have to admit that these three vintage paint-by-number pictures below are quite possibly my favourite thrift store purchase ever-- & they cost me all of a dollar for the set. I love the kitschness, the colours, & the sense of another, gentler time they conjure up. so, so cool. ♥

vintage paint-by-number picture.

vintage paint-by-number picture.

vintage paint-by-number picture.

I plan to frame them & hang them in my office, & gaze upon them with unabashed glee :)

No comments:

Post a Comment