Wednesday, 3 February 2010

locational.

these are are a few random shots from our most recent vacation to Christchurch. :) we travelled there via the inland scenic route, which involved driving through the Rakaia Gorge, a place I'd never been before. it is absolutely stunning: bush-clad hills giving way to tumbled rocks & river stones, & then the brilliant ice-blue water that slices through the land like a living, breathing thing. standing on the cliffs above & looking down at the ever-moving water really kind of took my breath away. the couple of photos I've posted below don't really do it justice-- it's something you have to see for yourself. I'm so glad I did. ♥

in heaven as on earth. & when they were up, they were up.

light at the end of. the holidaymakers.

hard to see it any other way. tell myself it's just a blue day.

Rakaia Gorge. Rakaia Gorge.

onwards.

Rakaia Gorge.

flameoz @ the busker's festival, Christchurch.


in other news, I've just started watching Modern Family, & I really kind of LOVE IT. ♥♥♥

1 comment:

  1. lovely lovely photos! Hubby and I just went to chch recently too, I fell in love with the scenery as we drove to Arthurs Pass.

    ReplyDelete