Saturday, 5 December 2009

sleigh bells.

the annual Christmas parade was held in town this afternoon accompanied by fantastic weather-- which, after the rain we had last week, was very happy-making. we secured ourselves a good spot near the end of the parade route, & enjoyed the sunshine as all the floats went past in a riot of colour & music. I snapped a bunch of photos, & the following are a few of my favourites. (I was playing around with photoshop filters, & decided on this one, which highlights all the various shades of red-- it seemed kind of appropriate for the purpose. :D)

waiting for the parade to start.

war is hell.



clown bounce.

cheers!

wearable arts.

Santa.

more can be found at my flickr page in a set [ here. ]

5 comments:

  1. Love the filter - that top photo is gorgeous! have featured this post on http://kiwimummyblogs.blogspot.com/ this week :-) LOVE IT!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Santa parade was this Saturday and also featured unexpectedly good weather! I love the similarities between yours and ours, including the kids wearing recycled fashion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos, they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @FaerySarah: thanks so much for the feature on the kiwimums blog! much appreciated. :)
    @Jacqui: it makes the whole parade seem so much better when the sun is shining, doesn't it? the recycled fashion was so clever-- lots of creative kids out there. :)
    @Deb: thanks so much! :)
    @Juli: thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete