for the second year running, I am taking part in an art exchange known as The 12 Days of Xmas. I had so much fun last year, & when I was invited to take part again, I had no hesitation whatsoever in saying, "yes." :)
the exchange is the brainchild of (& hosted by) Lelainia Lloyd of Tattered Edge. each artist creates 13 identical gifts, which are then mailed off to all participants, so we all end up with 13 different gifts. the gifts (numbered from 1 to 13) are then opened together, one per day, from the 12th of December. one the day the gift we made is opened by everyone else, we get to open lucky gift number 13-- so no one misses out on a day filled with lovely, handcrafted goodness. it's a fabulous idea, & such a great way to celebrate friendship & creativity.
the official 12 Days blog is found here, where you can see sneak previews of the wrapped gifts from today onward, & then from December 12th, pictures of the unwrapped gifts will be posted.
pictures of all the wonderful goodies I received in last year's exchange can be seen in a flickr set [ here. ]
and here's this year's gifts under the tree. they're all wrapped so wonderfully, it's almost a shame to have to open them. almost. :D
How fabulous is this! Look at those amazingly wrapped presents. I am SO jealous. Just had a peek at last year's and WOW!
ReplyDelete@Concetta: aren't they pretty? I really don't want to have to open them-- except for how I can't wait to see what's inside, haha!
ReplyDelete