we had coffee at one of my favourite cafes over the weekend-- a place called the Shearer's Quarters. it's around a ten-minute drive from town, just out in the country, & combines a cafe, playground, mini-golf course & driving range, a small farmyard & giftshop into one fabulous place to spend a couple of hours. the main cafe is located in what used to be an actual living quarters for shearers (hence the name, funnily enough) and over the years, several additions have been built on to house more seating as well as the extensive array of goodies that are available in the shop side of things-- which is admittedly, my favourite part of the whole place. :) the things they stock are gorgeous, & range from kitchenwares to jewellery to funky clothing-- and they even have a whole
room filled with exquisite Christmas decorations. add to that their great food & coffee, & it's most definitely win-win all around. :)
I had my camera with me when we visited, & snapped a bunch of pictures because everything looked so delightfully festive. when I win Lotto, I plan to buy one of absolutely everything in the shop, & then a bigger house to put it all in. :D

part of the cafe-- all the tables & chairs are wonderfully mismatched, & all the artwork on the walls is for sale.

the centrepiece on the table where we sat.



all the goods for sale around the place are so beautifully displayed in vignettes arranged by various colour schemes. my inner interior decorator
swoons, every single time.

a quick self-portrait in the Christmas room-- if I ever vanish suddenly, this is probably where I will be discovered, bedecked in strands of shiny silver & buried happily under piles of glittery baubles. sigh, what a way to go. :D
ooh yay another cantabrian blogger!! I'm from North Canterbury. Just found you off kiwi mum blogs. Beautiful shots on here!! That cafe looks amazing.
ReplyDeletedelicios eye candy! thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete@Widge: great to "meet" another Cantabrian! :) and yes, the cafe is fabulous-- well worth a visit.
ReplyDelete@jugglingmotherhood: thanks! glad you enjoyed. :)