Sunday, 29 November 2009

aglow.

last year I was able to hold off until the very last day of November, but this year my self-control wasn't so great-- & so my Christmas tree is now assembled, decorated & glowing prettily in the corner of the living room. :)

looking up.

I blame my early silly-seasonal headrush purely on a Saturday morning spent shopping in town, where I was thrust into a sparkly tinsel-laced world filled with shiny baubles & Christmas carols. it's pretty hard not to feel festive when wandering around Ballantynes' Christmas room, or when The Warehouse and Farmers have a veritable plethora of gorgeous decorations around every corner-- and so, I succumbed. in my defence though, I didn't buy any new decorations this year...mainly because I already have more than enough to bedeck a small PLANET, let alone a six-foot artificial tree perched safely on a coffee table in order avoid the unwanted attention of a poky little puppy who just might happen to be named Ruby Delilah.

detail. detail. detail.

there is something infinitely glorious about sitting in a room lit only with the glow of fairy lights-- it's pretty much perfection in my world.

all lit up.

...which is totally my excuse for falling asleep on the sofa last night under the spell of the glow of the tree & not waking back up until 3.45am, at which point I had to stumble back into my PROPER bed. um, whoops.

2 comments:

  1. You should do that professionally-it's like WOW! SO magical. I need you to come do mine!

    Someday when my son leaves home and takes all the oddball ornies with him, I am going to do a tree in whatever I want. I'd like to do a blue and silver tree or just vintage ornies-the mercury glass ones. I have a small collection that were my Gram's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We couldn't wait either and put our decorations up on Sunday. It's perfect twinkle weather here in Welly with the rain. Your tree is absolutely breathtaking and you've captured it so beautifully in the photographs too.

    Enjoy many more peaceful midnight slumbers by fairy light :)

    Great to have found your blog (thanks to Kiwi Mummy blogs)

    ReplyDelete