Friday, 18 December 2009

12 Days of Xmas: days 5 & 6.

the gift for day 5 was made by our swap hostess, Lelainia Lloyd. it's a sweet little cellphone cozy sewn from Basic Grey fabric. such a gorgeous design-- I adore the Basic Grey range, & I didn't realise they had fabric as well! (which is probably a good thing as far as my finances are concerned, haha.) Lelainia also sent an adorable snowman cellphone charm/zipper pull made from frosted glass beads.



I adore them both -- thanks so much Lelainia. :)

Misti Ko (Dawn Livera) was the creator of day 6's parcel, which was opened to reveal a beautiful string of handcrafted prayer flags in striking colours & designs, along with a zine filled with a plethora of additional information about them.



such a wonderful gift, & I have already strung mine from a tree in my front garden where I can see them fluttering in the breeze all day releasing their sentiments to the world. thanks, Misti-- they are simply wonderful. :)

4 comments:

  1. everything you've posted so far is gorgeous, but the flags are by far my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lily: aren't they amazing? I actually got a little teary as I opened them, because I love the message they carry. they make me happy every time I see them from my window. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those flags are so wonderful. I have prayer flags hanging in my garden and they really do fill me with peace and happiness whenever I glance at them swaying gently in the breeze (or wildly in the crazy wind - I live in Wellington!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sarah: I really do love them! such a neat idea, and a nice little moment of zen every time I catch a glimpse of them hanging in the tree. :)

    ReplyDelete