Saturday, 19 December 2009

slice of life.

after a fish & chip tea at the beach last night, we waited until it was dark & then drove around town to look at the houses decorated with Christmas lights. it's become a family tradition to do this every year, & part of this tradition involves a soundtrack as we go from house to house: that of Ivan yawning loudly, haha. the poor bloke's usually tucked up in his bed at 8.30pm every night (due to starting work at the ridiculous hour of 3.30am, which I refuse to believe is even a real time) & so anything past 9pm is pretty much akin to midnight for him. he even took a nap before we went out, but it really didn't seem to have helped much-- although I suspect the fact that I woke him up with the help of the dog jumping on his head after a little under an hour had a lot to do with it. AHEM.

ANYWAY. Christmas houses! they were all very lovely, despite the rain that began falling not long after we set off & continued falling the entire time, asdf;ashasjkhf. still, I was able to get a few photos, so all was not lost. :)

framed. house of light.
Stafford Street. all lit up.

today has been a lovely lazy & relaxing Saturday, involving a little shopping, delicious chai lattes, & a drive to Pleasant Point for ice cream before taking the long way home through the country. I had my camera with me (because let's face it, when do I not?) & snapped a few shots through the car window as we went along.

three. bale me out.
vanishing point. countryside.
pole position. up that hill.

now we're home again & continuing on with our relaxation theme: Ivan's watching a documentary, Lauren's playing on the Wii, I'm catching up on all the glorious eye-candy in my google reader-- all of the above being done whilst munching on hot-from-the-oven sausage rolls dipped in generous amounts of tomato sauce. the perfect kiwi-flavoured end to a great day, if you ask me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment