
I've seen this meme around a few blogs today, and even though I haven't been tagged, I'm doing it anyway. yes, that's right: I'm self-tagging. in public, no less. :D
What is your current obsession?
old letterpress type, my gallery wall, vintage maps & atlases, architecture from the 60s & 70s.
What are you wearing today?
grey knit tunic, black yoga pants & pink socks.
What's for dinner?
soup & toast.
What would you eat for your last meal?
something really, really horrifically fattening & unhealthy. it's not like it'd matter, right?
What's the last thing you bought?
some magazines.
What are you listening to right now?
a documentary about Machu Picchu on the History channel that the mister is currently watching.
If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
the south of France. it looks as if it's absolutely gorgeous there every time I see it featured on travel shows.
If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Atlantis.
Which language do you want to learn?
Klingon.

What's your favorite quote (for now)?
Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be quietly and safely insane every night of our lives. - William Dement
What is your favorite colour?
all shades of green, birdegg blue, blood red, rich cream, rust.
What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
a thigh-length black brocade jacket.
What is your dream job?
freelance photographer.
What's your favourite magazine?
I adore magazines, and buy way too many, so it's hard to choose, but: I really like the Australian Home Beautiful magazine, along with New Zealand's Your Home & Garden.
If you had £100 now, what would you spend it on?
that equates to around $300 NZ, so....hmmm. I think I'd make a substantial order at the Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab. I haven't bought anything from there in what feels like forever, and I'm sure there are so many new & bewitching scents just waiting for me to discover them.
Describe your personal style?
mostly bewildered & slighty chaotic, with a light dusting of puppy-fur.
What are you going to do after this?
have a blissful hot shower & change into my pyjamas.

What are your favourite films?
Apollo 13, Sommersby, Rebel Without A Cause, Best In Show, Rainman, Into The Wild, I Am Sam.
What's your favourite fruit?
pears from my father's tree. so, so good. ♥
What inspires you?
the ocean. the night sky. the ever-changing scenery on a roadtrip. music. other creative spirits. the daily eye-candy on my google reader.
Your favourite books?
Lisey's Story, by Stephen King. I read it again recently, and it hit me square in the chest with how good it is: a love story about the secret language of marriage, one that stretches beyond the grave and into other, hidden worlds.
Do you collect anything?
letterpress type, vintage maps, tins & books, quirky bird objects, tarnished mirrors-- plus anything else that captures my eye, pretty much.
What are you currently reading?
I just finished Me & Emma, by Elizabeth Flock. I haven't started another book yet.
What music are you listening to lately?
Simple Minds' new album, Graffiti Soul, Tori Amos' latest, Abnormally Addicted to Sin, and a leak of Moby's upcoming album, Wait For Me.

Go to your book shelf, take down the first book with a red spine you see, turn to page 26 and type out the first line:
I scramble to my feet and stumble backward, only to find that there's nowhere to go. - from Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen.
What makes you follow a blog?
I like blogs with plenty of visual interest, accompanied by entries that give me a glimpse into the person behind the screen. good, thoughtful writing is always a pleasure, and if you can make me think, laugh and/or cry, then I'm usually in it for the long haul.
What makes you smile?
unexpected compliments. puppy kisses. Seinfeld reruns. spending time with those I love, be it in person, or via the computer screen.
The rules:
1. Respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, add one more question of your own.
2. Tag eight other people.
I have no idea if there are even 8 people who read this blog, so if you're reading and want to participate, consider yourself tagged, okay? okay. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment