
a list in progress, constantly evolving.
I like Saturday mornings, when I can sleep a little later, linger a little longer in my bed and dream of the weekend that stretches out ahead of me. I like lattes in tall glasses, frothy & creamy on my tongue & cupped warm in my hand. I like libraries, where I can wander the endless rows of books, discovering whole new worlds around every corner. I like vintage photographs, moments frozen in time & captured forever. I like magazines, glossy pages filled with clever handcrafts and beautiful homes. I like circus ephemera from times gone by, faded colours and bold headlines. I like house makeover shows. I like dark chocolate. I like sleeping puppies who wake up slowly with snuffly, puppy kisses. I like roadtrips, venturing off the beaten track & discovering secret places. I like curling up in the sun with a good book, losing myself in the pages. I like lime green & blood red, rich cream & birdegg blue. I like laughing until I can't catch my breath. I like handbags & sunglasses. I like lipstick & lipgloss. I like opening my letterbox and finding unexpected parcels & letters. I like accents. I like the smell of freshly-mown grass on a summer day. I like green grapes. I like houses from the late 60s & early 70s. I like summer evenings when the scent of jasmine hangs thick & heavy on the breeze. I like Tori Amos & U2, Simple Minds & Snow Patrol, Peter Gabriel, Roxy Music, Duran Duran & Sarah McLachlan. I like letterpress. I like taking photographs. I like movies that make me laugh & movies that make me cry. I like sunsets that take my breath away & being up early enough to see the sunrise. I like the crunch of autumn leaves beneath my feet. I like rain on the roof when I'm in bed. I like vanilla & cinnamon & caramel-- the tastes & the smells. I like tiny posies of wildflowers & big, extravagant bunches of lilies & roses. I like sweetpeas. I like words like throat & wrist & milk & shimmer. I like walking the streets of my hometown with my mum, looking at houses & gardens & talking about everything under the sun. I like thrift stores & garage sales & markets. I like baked potatoes. I like boys with brown eyes & nice hands. I like boys with green eyes & beautiful smiles. I like unexpected kisses, on my neck, on my palm, on my mouth. I like architecture. I like old churches. I like the ocean & the beach. I like the mountains. I like sunshine & blue skies. I like looking for pictures in the clouds. I like blossom trees in springtime. I like Stephen King. I like e.e.cummings. I like Margaret Atwood. I like being artistic, creating things, making it up as I go along. I like the endless eyecandy my google reader gives me every day. I like lists. I like shopping. I like daydreaming. I like listening to my ipod just before I fall asleep. I like silver jewellery. I like toast & peanut butter. I like dancing. I like cats on my lap, curled up & purring. I like acapella singing. I like old maps & street signs, neon lights & clever graffiti. I like fancy hotels, king size beds & room service. I like playing the slot machines at the casino, watching the roulette tables. I like ice cold beer on a hot summer day. I like horses. I like being my father's daughter. I like having a sister. I like being head over heels in love with my husband, even after twenty years. I like that my daughter is smart, sassy and gorgeous. I like my charm bracelet. I like teapots & teacups. I like chunky mugs & cut glass. I like perfume. I like shells & pebbles, tarnished mirrors and old, ornate picture frames. I like making new things out of old, & looking for the possibilities in everything. I like my life.
what do you like? :)
I like you. :)
ReplyDelete