Tuesday, 30 June 2009

a real estate.

when I think about what my dream house would look like, more often than not it's some kind of variation on a late sixties/early seventies style of architecture-- vast expanses of windows, huge living areas, stone fireplace surrounds up to the vaulted ceiling (complete with beams), rooms with wood-panelled feature walls, and (be still my beating heart), floating wooden stairs leading up to a delicious mezzanine floor. that's pretty much perfection for me, right there.

I was browsing the houses for sale on TradeMe just before and found this listing, and I think I'm in love. ♥



granted, it looks a little like some kind of odd & slightly-awkward spaceship perched on the top of a hill-- and the garden needs some major overhauling, but that aside, just, wow. look at all those windows and fabulous angles! a little updating, and it could be amazing.



inside: JUST LOOK AT ALL THAT SPACE. that is one huge kitchen. and check out those views-- right over the city & ocean, stretching away to the horizon.



the living areas are also huge. the decor needs updating (a little too much white for my taste) but I'm oddly enamoured with the orange carpet.



and I mentioned the views, right? if I lived in this house, I would spend my whole day watching the world go past my windows, coffee in hand. that's pretty much my idea of sheer bliss, right there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment