watching ha! waaaay too much lately, it seems. in my defence, it's winter (& it has been a cold, miserable one) & we also now have Lightbox, so there's just SO MANY SHOWS at my fingertips. so, yes. I (re)watched the entire Brideshead Revisited series, because I had only vague recollections of seeing it originally when I was....13? 14? it was certainly interesting to see it again, & I think I appreciated it more now I'm older. I watched Getting On, which was equal parts hilarious & heartbreaking. I mainlined all 5 seasons of Downton Abbey (better late than never) and oh my god, it was FABULOUS. I'm so happy there's to be one more season. I also devoured Outlander and adored that. I've just got done watching all 4 seasons of The Killing, & it was fantastic. I've watched a few episodes of Unreal, but I don't know if it's really my thing. it's....okay, but not something I'm super-keen to sit back down to, if that makes sense. I'm almost done with the first season of Mad Men-- absolutely loving that. Sense8 was good, Wayward Pines is quirky & just enough to keep me hooked, Mr Robot is refreshingly different, Dark Matter is pretty average but better than nothing, & I still have a few episodes of Hannibal to catch up on when I'm in the right frame of mind. (& stomach, haha.) um, I think that's all-- and if not, well, it's probably best I stop there, because WOW THAT IS A LOT OF TV SHOWS MY GOD. *cough*
she suddenly realised she watched way too much tv. like, for real.
loving the (slightly) warmer days we've been having. SLIGHTLY. I mean, today was 20c, but I suspect it was a mere aberration & tomorrow it will snow. but hey, glass half full & all that.
appreciating my life. like, all of it, in general. things are pretty good right now & I'm pretty content. LONG MAY IT LAST.
keeping good thoughts, positivity. all of that.
hunting for inspiration, always. some days are more successful than others, of course.
planning future spring-cleaning projects and to-do tasks. I even have a list! well, a list app on my ipad, but hey, it still counts.
looking up book titles using my library's online catalogue. I've started keeping a list of books I want to read & am working my way through it. one down so far, & I'm about to start another.
working on getting back into better eating habits after easing up a little over the winter. also, attempting to drink all the water. ALL OF IT.
having long, convoluted dreams most nights. I actually kinda love that. how my brain comes up with some of the scenarios, I will NEVER know, but I am an admirer. keep it up, brain!
hoping our trip to Christchurch in November to see Chris Cornell in concert is fun. I'm sure it will be-- the Billy Idol concert back in April was AMAZING.
listening to Taylor Swift's 1989 album. I'm a fan.
brainstorming future DT projects & layouts. I'd also like to rearrange my studio, & I have an idea what I want to do, but it's going to be a reasonable-sized mission. so at this point, it's still in the planning stage until my enthusiasm levels ramp up to where they need to be. ha!
turning off the computer in the evenings, still. sometimes it doesn't even get turned ON during the day. (but there's always my ipad, so. technology, y'know. can't be without it.)
learning about myself, still. always.
ingesting an orange. water. maybe a cup of tea.
meeting deadlines. obligations. expectations. the usual.
feeling pretty good, actually. thanks for asking.
thinking too much, sometimes. you are allowed to switch off sometimes, brain.
wishing for love, health & happiness, always. :)
and that's how it works, that's how you get the girl.





No comments:
Post a Comment