Monday, 19 August 2013

seasonal.


Spring is just around the corner, supposedly-- there were glimpses of it earlier this month, with a few gorgeously warm, blue-sky days-- but now we're back to rain and a constant breeze and skies overhead sadly lacking any sign of colour at all. (Well, technically dull grey IS a colour, I suppose-- but I really don't think it actually counts in this instance. Sigh. ) I'm looking forward to the days of short sleeves and bare feet, of all the doors and windows thrown wide open, and leisurely meals on the terrace, eaten while watching the world go by. Sounds like bliss to me. :)

Above are a few pictures of life around here lately, all taken (as always) on my iPod. I actually got my regular camera out the other day, and to my horror I'd kind of forgotten how to use it. Ooops. Luckily it didn't take me long to re-familiarise myself with all the settings, but it was a reminder that I should probably get it out more often. My iPod is so much more convenient though-- I can slip it into the pocket of my jeans and the variety of settings and effects I can use via various apps is pretty mindblowing, so I can't bring myself to feel too guilty about it. I figure as long as pictures are being taken and memories are being captured, it doesn't really matter how it's done, right? I get my iPod photos printed out every few months or so, too-- so I'm not just relying on a purely digital format. Digital is great, but there's just something special about having the actual printed photographs in my hands, too.

Ah, technology-- what would we do without it? I know I'd probably get a lot more dusting done, but that's hardly fun now, is it? ;)

1 comment: