Monday, 29 October 2012
tiny global villages.
around a year ago, my wonderful artist friend Lelainia Lloyd and I took part in a collaborative project: one where we each made an assortment of little mixed-media houses, which we then colour-copied onto cardstock & exchanged so we both ended up with tiny villages filled with delightfully vibrant dwellings.
both of us have displayed our wee houses in black-edged shadowbox style frames (you can see Lelainia's collection here) & I think they look fabulous. my little village makes me smile every time I look at it, & it was such a fun project to participate in, as well as a great way to make use of all the little pieces of ephemera left over from other creations. Lelainia-- we should totally do this again & expand our global villages even more, don't you think? I'm in! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing! Let's do it! :) I will need projects as husband recovers from surgery.
ReplyDeleteokay, cool! we can get started anytime, & check in with each other as to how progress is going. how many shall we make this time? a dozen sound good to you? :)
ReplyDelete