Friday, 13 August 2010

four walls.

listening: the Friday Night Lights soundtrack (volume two, to be precise.)
eating: four squares of Whittaker's Dark Chocolate.
drinking: nothing right now.
wearing:  yoga pants, a grey long sleeve thermal top, & a copper-coloured soft chenille sweater-- which I just discovered is shedding EVERYWHERE. >:(
feeling: creative.
weather: cold, cold, cold. SIGH.
wanting:  some sunshine, please.
needing: to get to bed soon.
thinking:  about decorating my new studio. ♥ 
enjoying: our new house. ♥♥♥
wondering: where the dog has snuck away to. (I suspect it's off to bed with the mister & the cat.)

the reason for the radio silence around here lately: we've been busy moving into our new house! :) tomorrow we'll have been here for two weeks & miraculously, I've managed to unpack almost every box already. (well, except for a few stragglers remaining in the guest bedroom, but as the door to that room is currently closed & I can't actually SEE the boxes, clearly they are just a figment of my fevered imagination. EXCELLENT.)

the house is fabulous, and really feels like our home-- like we are meant to be here. I thought it might seem strange living in another house after spending 11 years at our last place-- but it doesn't, not at all. it feels comfortable & familiar & exactly right.

it took me a while to get around to taking photos, because I wanted to wait until we had the main rooms pretty much sorted out, furniture-wise. there's probably still a bit of tweaking to be done until everything is exactly how we want it, but that will come with time. I 've been spending time in my studio (my huge studio-- so much space, my GOD) sorting & organising & arranging, & it's about 75% done so far. I imagine that last 25% will keep me busy for a while, but it's not exactly a hardship to hang out in there surrounded by all my stuff. :)

foyer/stairs.

foyer/stairs.

lounge.

lounge.

lounge through to dining room.

lounge through to dining room.

dining room.

kitchen.

master bedroom.

ladycave! (computer room/library.)

studio.

studio.

studio view from desk.

photos of the garden will hopefully follow at some stage soon. (ish.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment