Monday, 12 April 2010

on the road again.

we took a daytrip to Oamaru today, for a little shopping & sightseeing. okay, mostly for the shopping, but there was plenty of sightseeing happening, too. :) it rained for a while & we got a little damp as we wandered through the town's famous historic precinct, but then the sun came out just after we ate lunch at a restaurant set right on the water's edge, with endless views of sky & sea.

and yes, I took photos. :)

penguin crossing.

- Oamaru is known for its Blue Penguin colony. this is a penguin crossing sign located down by the foreshore where they travel daily.

what nightmares look like.

- a painted wall in one of the buildings in the historic precinct. it's so deliciously disturbing, haha.

vinyl ceiling.

- vinyl records on the roof at the Retro Funk store. I loved this place-- so many cool vintage goodies!

open all hours.

- a vintage motel sign at Retro Funk. this would look just amazing hanging above my bed, I swear.

it's good to be Queen.

- Queen Victoria, I think? such a groovy sculpture, even with the freaky hypnotic eyes. she was located right underneath Mr Clown, so it was like a double-whammy of oddness all at once. AWESOME.

pedal power.

- a vintage bicycle & cart in the historic precinct.

around every corner.

- Oamaru stone buildings in the historic precinct. the buildings are still used, & house all kinds of businesses, from bookbinders to antique dealers to art galleries.

tuxes compulsory.

- this way to the Penguin Club. :)

Portside restaurant, Oamaru.

- the Portside Restaurant, where we ate lunch.

the outlook for Monday.

- and this was the view from the balcony outside. just gorgeous.

it's worse than that-- he's dead, Jim.

- this was in one of the art galleries we looked through-- one specialising in tiles & other related works. I wish I'd gotten a better shot of it, but right after I'd taken this picture, I suddenly noticed all the "NO PHOTOS" signs around the place. WHOOPS. anyway, I thought it was kind of cool. :) live long & prosper, guys!

2 comments:

  1. Your photography is beautiful - subject matter and composition! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete