Wednesday, 17 March 2010

sun on my face.

I love this time of year for the slightly cooler weather: it's much nicer to go walking in, without the relentless sun turning you into a red-faced, sweaty beastie. there's still sunshine, of course, but it's tempered by a cool breeze, especially down near the beach, which is where I wandered today, camera in hand. the photo below was taken at the entrance to Caroline Bay, where I discovered several new art sculptures have been placed, including this one: three gently curved poles with intricate Maori carvings at the tip of them. just gorgeous, especially silhouetted against an early autumn sky.

three.

the photo below is one of my favourite places at Caroline Bay-- an area at the back of the Trevor Griffiths rose garden where at the height of summer, it's filled with hundreds of big, blousy peonies. they've finished blooming now, but it's still a fabulous place to hang out & contemplate life, the universe & everything. :)

grand design.

kinda nice, huh? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment