Saturday, 2 January 2010

I'm freezing that frame.

Happy New Year! 2010 is only two days old, but it's been pretty good so far-- lots of sunshine & blue skies. 2009 was a challenging year in many ways, & I can't say I'm sorry to see the end of it, but despite some trying times, there were also a lot of good memories made in the past twelve months. so, here's one last look back at 2009-- done in the way I know best. :)

2009: my year in pictures.

January:

150th Anniversary of the Strathallan Landing at Timaru. 7/714. pole position. breakfast. wipeout?
Chinese Gardens, Dunedin, NZ. Larnach Castle. step right up.

February:

corner pocket. { pray } { self. } pear2
equine. house call. harvest.

March:

we're not in Kansas anymore, Toto. big/little. midnight on the midway.
end of the road. latte. comb myself into chains. Fudge.

April:

Tekapo. I'd cross the sky for your love. the midas touch. onward & upward.
Tekapo. hurry home. walking face. blaze of glory.
curves ahead. sunrise, Anzac Day 2009. shadowed.

May:

twenty-nine. sleeping beauty trips me with a frown. gold & green.
tiny wings. Ruby <3 and on until morning. nest, version: blue.

June:

red/blue. if you see the lights, shout out where you'll be. take flight 1
June 18. any which way. Theatre Royal.

July:

red light. starshine. beach puppy. beach puppy.
coffee & a newspaper. Oamaru heritage architecture. Oamaru heritage architecture. Ruby Delilah.

August:

quiet corner. spherical. if you go down to the woods today. hurt this way.
circumspect. a regular guy. spring, finally.
canter. here. in my head. [detail] puppyvision.

September:

truth. bricked. Che Fu. (I think.)
lotus. humming all the way down her spine. one foot in front of the other.
bone-oh. infinity in red. Ruby.

October:

blue sky dreaming. passengers. couldn't drag me away.
retroleum. powered up. check out.
coffee @ the gardens, Nelson. Picton. sunrise, Kaikoura.
us in Kaikoura. roadside crayfish stall, Kaikoura. Kaikoura.

November:

the only way out is the only way in. l'attitude. revelation.
slice of heaven. buddies. wrapped.

December:

mega-dog!
Santa. clown bounce. how's the air up there?
angelic construction. folded & folding & unfolding. bale me out.
abandon all hope. tilt. Christmas Day.
almost there. golden tangles. carnival.


so long, 2009. welcome to the world, 2010-- it's good to see you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment