Monday, 14 December 2009

so I can be someone new.

Lauren's school prizegiving was held earlier tonight. it was kind of a bittersweet one: her very last at Bluestone school, where she's attended since she started as a five year old in Year One. she's a Year Eight now, and the prizegiving celebrated her & her classmates' time at the school, & all the things they've achieved over the past eight years. the special surprise guest speaker was current All Black Isaac Ross (yeah, that was pretty much the highlight of MY evening, it's true :D) & at the end of the presentations & performances, all the kids sang Open Happiness before the Year Eight pupils filed out of the hall to loud applause. I ONLY GOT A LITTLE TEARY, OKAY? :X



the view from our seats-- we were in the very back row, but hey, I have MEGA-ZOOM & I know how to use it. :D



the Kapa Haka group performing during the national anthem.



how to make a school prizegiving instantly 100% more exciting: INVITE AN ALL BLACK. ♥



Lauren singing her heart out.



...and Lauren spotting me with the camera, ahahaahahahaaaaaaaaa. mothers are supposed to humilate their kids in public, okay? I WAS JUST DOING MY JOB.

she has one more half-day at school tomorrow, and then it's officially the summer holidays. next year: HIGH SCHOOL, which is really kind of amazing to think about. it seems like I was just at high school myself, & now I have a daughter about to start. DOES NOT COMPUTE.

a large glass of red wine should help me process it all, I suspect. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment