Tuesday, 22 December 2009

12 Days of Xmas: days 9 & 10.

Jennifer Conway is the creator of day nine's gift: this fantastic doll, made from paper, fabric, lace & gorgeous jewelled embellishments. the base is weighted so she can stand on her own-- so clever, & I adore her! thanks so much, Jennifer. :)



(FYI: Jennifer made a tiny army of delightful ladies, & you can see the rest of the designs on her blog here. they are all utterly exquisite.)

day ten's package was from Jeanette Janson & contained this fabulous skeleton key pendant. I'm thrilled that mine features green beads, as it's my favourite colour & one I wear often. thank you, Jeanette! I really am loving all these new additions to my jewellery collection, & now it'll take me twice as long to get ready to go out-- or maybe I'll just wear them all at once. :D



Lauren & I drove to the cemetery today, & wandered around in the sunshine, looking at the gorgeous old graves, snapping pictures as we went. I've never thought of it as a sad place, as such-- I remember going there a lot when I was a kid, & even back then, the intricately-carved headstones made from cool, pale marble fascinated me. it's close to the ocean so there are gulls that circle overhead, calling into the endless blue sky. amongst the graves are wonderfully twisted old trees scattered throughout, & the grounds are sheltered by an ancient macrocarpa hedge along one long boundary. it's peaceful there: a quiet, sacred place filled with memories that linger on in your heart & in your head.

cross. grace.
you crazy diamond. deepest bluest.
ready to fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment