Monday, 1 December 2008

that festive feeling.

red, white & bird. the tree of xmas.

I decorated for Christmas yesterday, which took most of the afternoon. I think I did pretty well holding off until November 30th, considering I'd been itching to wrap everything in tinsel and sparkles since mid-October, hahaha.

* *

* *

I love this time of year-- the decorations, the hustle and bustle in the shops, the fun of buying gifts and wrapping them-- and I even love the Christmas music. that wasn't always the case, however: when I worked in a music store, we'd play Christmas music non-stop for the entire month of December, and eventually I'd have to tune it out or risk going insane after being subjected to one-too-many renditions of Jingle Bells. now, though, many years later, I sort of miss those days, and even get a little weepy when I hear those very same songs piping through the sound-system while I'm out shopping. clearly I am so very complex, petals, I can't even tell you.

anyway, another thing I absolutely love about this time of year is that December 1st marks the first official day of summer, my absolute favourite season. of course, having said that, it's currently cold, overcast and RAINING outside, jkasdhdfsjkla. screw you, Mother Nature. screw you sideways with a glitter-encrusted bauble.

*

*

speaking of wonderful festive things, this year I was thrilled to be asked to take part in the 12 Days of Xmas gift exchange, hosted by the fabulous Lelainia Lloyd of Tattered Edge. pictures of each day's wrapped gifts are being published at the official 12 Days blog, which can be found [ here. ] we begin opening our gifts on December 13th, and I can't wait. :) knowing there is a pile of gorgeous handcrafted goodies sitting in my studio and not being allowed to peek at them is pure torture-- but of the best possible kind!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Your house looks positively regal! I want to just curl up on the couch with a steaming mug of hot chocolate and sing carols by the fireside. WHEW! I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful decorations!! It boggles my mind, however, that you do all THAT in summer!!? Summer!!? If there is anything December 1st is NOT (over here in Canada), it's summer.
    But oh, it's all so pretty!

    Can't even wait for the 13th!

    arlene

    ReplyDelete