Thursday, 18 December 2008

day six.

it's kind of hard to believe that in a little less than a week, Christmas will be here, but that's what the calendar is telling me, so I guess it's true. :) Lauren finished school at lunchtime today, and is now officially on summer holidays for the next six weeks. I have to admit, I love the school holidays-- late nights, lazy mornings, and warm summer days spent shopping, or at the beach, or just making crafts together. she enjoys creating things just as much as I do, and it's fun to have a little partner in crime when it comes to buying art supplies. :D

it's also hard to believe that we're halfway through the 12 Days exchange already, but that's true, too: I opened gift #6 this morning, and disovered this exquisite creation inside.

12 Days of Xmas art exchange: day 6.

made by Ruth O'Connor, it's a crocheted wrist cuff, and it's absolutely gorgeous. Ruth made everyone a cuff in our favourite colours, and mine is a rich cream. at the centre of the cuff is a button surrounded by tiny deeper cream beads, which add a really delicate touch. I wore it this afternoon when I met friends for coffee, and I got many lovely comments on it-- thank you so much, Ruth! :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you like the bracelet. It seemed to me quite a summery design - so we are in the right season for wearing them! Enjoy your summer holidays :)

    ReplyDelete