this is a coffee table made from a set of letterpress type, and omg, isn't it fabulous?
I love letterpress type so much, and have been trying to track some down for close to an eternity. a couple of months back, I found some on TradeMe and got into a bidding war with someone who ultimately outbid me, causing much aggravation and a lot of four-letter words to be tossed about. however, last night I managed to secure myself another set, and it should arrive within the next couple of days.
40 pieces in all, yay! I can't wait until it gets here. :)
there's so much more available on Etsy, but the combination of shipping costs & exchange rates make it only slightly less affordable than buying my own solar system, sdf;ajkaf. life can be so cruel. :X
cool thing the second:
this is gorgeous: [3191: a year of mornings.] as the blurb says:
"A Year of Mornings" collects 236 images—always taken before noon without discussion between the two women – from this uniquely 21st-century artistic collaboration. The intimacy of these photographs—discarded clothing, a view of a snowy day from the window, a table cloth—combined with their striking similarities in color and composition defies the reality of their long-distance collaboration. While clearly kindred spirits, the two women have met in person only once. Their friendship is maintained solely online, sustained by a shared love for moments of serenity, solitude, and peacefulness. The annotated photographs in "A Year of Mornings" radiate an aura of sweetness and light—the promise of a new day.
the photographs from the year of mornings have been published in a book, and the two women have begun yet another collaborative photoblog: [a year of evenings.] it's such a simple idea, but absolutely fascinating to watch unfold. I love stuff like this so very much.
No comments:
Post a Comment