
the summer holidays are my favourite time of year: a time when the world seems to move at a different speed, and there are endless possibilities everywhere you turn. lazy mornings with no need to rush to be somewhere, spilling into afternoons that stretch out into long, dusky evenings. it's the evenings I think I love the best-- times like right now when I'm the only one awake and the room is lit with just the soft glow that comes from lamps (and one tiny tree, its white branches holding a collection of beloved birds, and tipped with fairy lights.) it's late and getting later, but sleep is the last thing on my mind. there's something about summer nights that hold me fast, keep me here in this in-between place, somehow caught up in that ever-present sense of possibility, in the constant promise of something more.
No comments:
Post a Comment